directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [MINA] Adding isBound(SocketAddress) to IoAcceptor
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 03:50:05 GMT
Hiya,

I just looked into adding this method and it's not so trivial as I had
thought.  Looks like the DatagramAcceptorDelagate presents the biggest
problem.  Checking if the service is bound on the SocketAcceptorDelegate
is cake though:

    public boolean isBound( SocketAddress address )
    {
        return sessions.get( address ) != null;
    }

Doing this for UDP is not so easy.  I cannot figure out how to do it
without effecting the existing state of the acceptor.  Any ideas?

I thought this would be a good method to have but I'm going to back out
of my changes until I receive further guidance.  I'm just going to try
to unbind and if the socket is not bound then I'll swallow the
exception.  However it would handy to have this check avilable.

-Alex