directory-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Taylor <nega...@freesurf.ch>
Subject Re: Availability of Maven 1 - compatible snapshots?
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:20:45 GMT
Hi Emmanuel (and Brett),

Looking at my question, I don't think I actually stated my requirements
at all clearly. It might have been late :).

I'm not bothered about how apacheds is built (I agree that Maven 2 is
much faster) and I have successfully built it with the latest source.

The problem is that we are using it in another OS project - Acegi
Security which is currently built using Maven 1 and hence needs a
compatible repository. I had added the repository at

http://svn.apache.org/repository/

to our build and the build was working with the 0.9.4-SNAPSHOT versions.
However, some of these appear to have been updated in December and now
we have test failures due to an internal ClassNotFoundException within
apacheds.

Since the build structure has changed so much and since I can run it
locally with the new jar files, I would prefer to move towards using
these, rather than trying to work out why the previous configuration
doesn't work anymore (which I probably can't fix anyway). I noticed
there are up-to-date snapshots at

http://svn.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository

but we can't use these since we're sticking to Maven 1 until after our
1.0 release. Our Maven 2 build still has some teething problems.

I was hoping that the latest jars might be publicly available as
dependencies for a Maven 1 build (for people other than me to use when
building our project), but if you reckon there will be an RC1 version of
them available next week then we can probably just wait till then.

Thanks,

Luke.

--
 Luke Taylor.                      Monkey Machine Ltd.
 PGP Key ID: 0x57E9523C            http://www.monkeymachine.ltd.uk