directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [mina][VOTE] Releasing MINA 0.9.1
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:30:38 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As you see from here
> <http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10670&fixfor=12310371>,

> we fixed quite a lot of issues since we released MINA 0.9.0.  I think
> it's now to release MINA 0.9.1 so users benefit from the new release.
>
> Most notable changes are:
>
> * Migration to Maven 2
> * You can get a collection of managed sessions by calling
> IoAcceptor.getManagedSessions( SocketAddress )
> * MINA closes all client sessions when you unbind the service
> automatically.  (You can disable it, too.)
> * Netty2 integration classes in org.apache.mina.filter.codec.netty
> (Thanks, Julien!)
>
> Please note that this release will not include the changes I've made
> in my sandbox.  Niklas and I concluded that we need more discussion on
> the new API though it makes MINA easier for new users to use.  Please
> reply to the message I've sent a few days ago about this issue, so we
> can include the changes in 0.9.2.
>
> [x] +1, Release
> [ ] 0, Abstain
> [ ] -1, Don't release

-1

Let's fix the artifactId problem at least with MINA first then rapidly
kick this vote off again.  Remember we're going to make it so artifactId
is no longer a package name (redundant if groupId already is)?  We don't
want to yank peoples chains on the next release if the artifactId's
change.  Worth the fix now no?  Can you come to a reasonable decision on
a pattern to follow for artifactId naming (Ersin Er had a thread on this)?

Thanks,
Alex

P.S. I was going to get to this tonight but I ran out of steam ... sorry.