directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [site] Moving to m2
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:52:26 GMT
Ersin Er wrote:

>The main site and mina site is build and deployed successfully at:
>
>http://directory.apache.org/newsite

Looks great.  Good to see Brett Porter helping you out with some of
these issues.  Thanks Brett,
we're lucky to have maven guy on board.  I'm probably more perplexed
about the issues you have been
encountering than you are Ersin.  However we're in good hands :).

>Mina site does not conform to m2 conventions well but it works for now.

Yep.

>The main site needs content and structure update. As Alex requested,
>we'll have only three project categories: ApacheDS, Naming and MINA.
>Other subproject documents will probably go under ApacheDS or will be
>deleted if no longer necessary.

Perhaps we may have a sandox area for projects like authx.  WDYT?  I
think the key to this is to
limit the amount exposed to the user looking for information so they can
get to it fast.  With 1.0
simplicity on the site will serve us best.

>For the project information part we can use maven generated style or
>custom manual style. In other words, for example, we can have a
>svn.xml to describe svn stuff (as we currently have) or we can make
>maven generate it for us. The former was already setup but needs
>custum content update. Now I've also made maven generate them for us.
>For example:
>
>http://directory.apache.org/newsite/svn.html
>vs.
>http://directory.apache.org/newsite/source-repository.html