directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <>
Subject [ApacheDS] [MINA] Twix throws triggers call to IoHandler.messageCaught()?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 03:03:21 GMT
Hi Emmanuel, Trustin,

I guess this is both informative and a question at the same time.
Basically Twix or any codec must throw a DecoderException or something
like that if it fails to decode some PDU from a client regardless of the
protocol.  Now when this happens does the IoHandler get called via

Also note Emmanuel that when you throw these exceptions I intend to
catch them there and send a Notice of Disconnect with result code set to
protocolError to the client before closing the session.  This cool?

Also while talking about the Notice of Disconnect unsolicited operation,
I will register a JVM shutdown hook in the protocol handler.  In this I
will send a NoD to all active sessions and close them.  The result code
will be set to unavailable.  What do you think about using a shutdown
hook for this?

View raw message