directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [ApacheDS] 1.0 release manager
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:30:59 GMT
Hi all,

Some time ago Emmanuel agreed to take on the role of release manager for
the ApacheDS 1.0 release.  His bi-weekly report is a byproduct of his
actively trying to coordinate the team for this release.  This kind of
means he walks around with a big stick keeping us in line so we can make
a quality release :).  At least that's what I hope he does.  I
personally need some discipline.  I don't think we announced this
publicly or if anyone was interested in this role.  Or even if someone
objects to Emmanuel doing it.  So please voice your opinions if you have
any so we can consider it.

I think with any major release someone has to take this role or we
easily loose our direction.  That person is given the power and patience
to harass (joking here but we all know the balance that is needed) all
of us so until we get the job done.  I also think the person can be
alternated and should be unless no other volunteers take up this
thankless job.  I'd thank you Emmanuel for taking it up but remember the
job is thankless :).

So Emmanuel will poke around and ask questions.  He will see who can do
what and who is best suited to help solve our outstanding issues.  He
will I guess continue to report on our progress and tell us if we can
release.  He's also looking for volunteers :).  We have a lot to do and
little time to do it so I hope everyone will try to pitch in.

Alex