directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [JIRA] Cleanup before 1.0 RC1
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 03:00:58 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:

>+1
>
>Another observation: it seems you are going to release a 1.0 RC1 that
>is not exactly what you intend 1.0 to be.

Hmmm having trouble understanding.  The release candidate is basically a
beta version of 1.0 with a feature freeze.  All we do with the RC series
is fix bugs and perhaps just optimize the server.

>>From personal experience,
>I've found that to be problematic.

Could you explain what you mean and with respect to what aspect? You
referring to JIRA roadmaps and versioning?

>We now essentially copy the RC to
>the final release binary where possible.
>
>Is that right? WDYT about a different labelling?

Sorry Brett I'm a bit confused and don't understand please clarify for me.

Alex