directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [scm] MINA reorg complete
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:48:51 GMT
Norbet Reilly wrote:

>I get the same behaviour with "mvn install". Just in case I:
>    a) removed the .m2/repository in my home directory
>    b) renamed the working directory that I had checked trunks/ out into
>but still get the same problem.
>
>Just to double check I went back to the working directory checked out
>from the defunct SVN structure and a "mvn install" works fine there
>still.
>
>>>From the observed behaviour it looks like a "last directory name
>duplication" Maven2 bug when "Scanning for projects..." so I'll
>attempt to investigate further on that basis.

Here's my setup on the windows machine:

Version I'm at:

akarasulu@fermi ~/projects/apache/directory/trunks
$ svn up
At revision 369601.

akarasulu@fermi ~/projects/apache/directory/trunks
$ mvn -version
Maven version: 2.0.1

akarasulu@fermi ~/projects/apache/directory/trunks
$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

Platform: Windows XP Service Pack 2 (up to date with patches)

Now mvn install succeeds for me!  Let me switch my JDK major version here:

$ mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
---
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
---

Project ID: unknown

Reason: Could not find the model file
'c:\cygwin\home\akarasulu\projects\apache\
directory\trunks\mina\mina\pom.xml'.

[INFO]
---
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Could not find the
model file
'c:\cygwin\home\akarasulu\projects\apache\directory\trunks\mina\mina\pom.xml'.
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:365)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:278)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at

Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Could not
find the
 model file
'c:\cygwin\home\akarasulu\projects\apache\directory\trunks\mina\mina
\pom.xml'.
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.readModel(Default
MavenProjectBuilder.java:1100)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFi
le(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:289)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMave
nProjectBuilder.java:274)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMaven.java:515)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:447)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:491)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:491)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:351)
        ... 11 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
c:\cygwin\home\akarasulu\projects\apac
he\directory\trunks\mina\mina\pom.xml (The system cannot find the path
specified
)
        at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:55)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.readModel(Default
MavenProjectBuilder.java:1095)
        ... 18 more
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Jan 16 18:57:44 EST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]
---

Ok you got this same problem?