directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [JIRA] Cleanup before 1.0 RC1
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:50:02 GMT
I just wanted to summarize some findings from several discussions on IRC:

(1) [OBSERVATION] Current directory JIRA configuration is out of control
with number of subprojects.  Umbrella project madness is setting in.
Users and contributors alike are having problems figuring out which JIRA
to search or post new issues to.
(2) [OBSERVATION] There are only 3 releasable projects at Directory:
ApacheDS, MINA and Naming.  The "other" category falls into the sandbox.
(3) [CONCLUSIONS] Simplify by condensing existing set of JIRAs into 4:
  - DIRMINA
  - DIRAPACHEDS
  - DIRNAMING
  - DIRSANDBOX

DIRMINA and DIRNAMING are fine as is.  This means renaming or destroying
then reloading DIREVE issues into DIRAPACHEDS.  All service projects
like DIRLDAP, DIRNTP, DIRDNS, DIRDHCP, DIRXXX etc are to be consolidated
under DIRAPACHEDS.  Other projects will be moved to DIRSANDBOX.

As I said before in another email it's time to stop playing project
manager for the ideal situation with JIRA.  We have 3 releasable
offerings and are about to have many users trying the next few releases
of these products.  We need to make things easier as we did for the
build using m2 and the repository reorganization.

Any objections to this simplification?

Alex