directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: LDAP 0.9.3 . Modify attribute fails with exception
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:49:00 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

>>> Ok, seems to be related to the schema handling. I will try to
>>> reproduce this on my server .
>>

>> I don't think this is an an error.  He's using an undefined
>> attribute: activeFlag.  Since 0.9 we have added some minimal schema
>> checks.
>

> hmmm... What about the fact that the entry was correctly created with
> this not existing attribute? Isn't it weird that the server accept a
> creation but not a modification in this case?

Heh now that's a bug :-).

>> Guys, I don't think there is a need for a JIRA issue on this one.  If
>> adding a the attributeType with a schema does not resolve this issue
>> then yeah I think we should file an issue.

> For the very same reason I exposed in my previous comment, if you can
> create an entry with a non existing attribute,

Hmmm but did he though?  I don't have enough info to determine that.  I
presumed the entry was valid before the modify op.  I may be mistaken.

> but you can't modify it because you have a schema check, that's sound
> to be something we want to reproduce and eventualy add to a regression
> test. This is why I asked for a Jira filling. But if this is just a
> configuration mistake, of course, jira is not the way to go.
>
> I apologize if I induced some "noise" in Jira.

No need to apologizse you've got a good point Emmanuel.  We just don't
have enough info here I guess.  I'm just wondering if the activeFlag
attribute was added in the modify operation after a valid entry was
created (added).

Somashish could you please post the contents (LDIF) of the entry before
modification?

Alex