directory-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Therning <nik...@trillian.se>
Subject Re: [MINA] What is SocketTrafficControl ?
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:51:29 GMT
Alessandro Torrisi wrote:
> Hi ! Excuse me I see a SocketTrafficControlTest class in the last
> messages.
> What is the SocketTrafficControl ? It seems very interesting :D
>
> Alex

Well, basically it allows you to suspend reading and writing from/to a
session. It's what happens when you call session.suspendRead(),
sessionResumeRead(), etc.

We have plans to use this feature to implement a traffic shaping filter.
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-144 for more info on
that. As far as I know noone has started to work on such a filter yet.
But if you have some spare time, be my guest! ;)

/Niklas