directory-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Zillmann <JZ8_b...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: direct access to sockets
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:58:04 GMT
Trustin Lee schrieb:

> 2006/1/13, Johannes Zillmann <JZ8_blue@yahoo.de
> <mailto:JZ8_blue@yahoo.de>>:
>
>     > For now there's no way to achieve the same behavior with
>     this.  But I
>     > guess we can implement this by providing a special write request
>     object:
>     >
>     > IoSession session = ...;
>     > session.write( new TransferRequest( fc, 0, 23 ) );
>     >
>     > WDYT?
>
>     Well i think there are 2 sides. The sending and the receiving... ;)
>     For the sending part the above approach looks very nice !
>     For the receiving part could you think of somthing like :
>     socketSession.decoupleSocketChannel()  -> SocketChannel
>     ??
>

> Now I got it.  You want to receive data from the channel directly.
> This is not possible because it will cause serious concurrency issue
> with SocketIoProcessor.  All I/O has to happen in the worker thread
> that SocketIoProcessor manager.  It you want to use blocking I/O for
> this, then you'll have to use StreamIoHandler for now.  Please let me
> know if you have any good idea to resolve this issue.

I'don't setp deep into nio or mina core yet,
so is that possible ...

If you haven a connected session and decide now to get directly acces to
socketChannel
-> tell the SocketIoProcessor that it should not perform any read/writes
on the session socket channel (mayby just with setting a sessions attribute)
-> retrieve the socketCjannle from session
-> work with it
-> maybe integrate it back to SocketIoProcessor  io-work

?
Johannes