directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] ML Update on Skype Conference Call
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:55:30 GMT
John E. Conlon wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Haven't seen OSGi mentioned. Will it make it into the 1.0 RC?

Probably not. We only have 5 days left before a feature freeze.  1.0 RC1
is slated for Jan 15th.  But the 1.1 branch will be created immediately
thereafter.  So I don't think it's something to really be worried about.

Keep in mind this release is for a standalone LDAP server.  Our API
libraries will not be 1.0 because we're not done stabilizing the API's.
RC1 1.0 means we freeze the features for a standalone LDAP server and
start fixing bugs in preparation for a stable 1.0.

Also we don't have enough OSGi experience on board.  We welcome you to
join us in to help with the OSGi effort.

Regards,
Alex