directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Torrisi <alessandro.torr...@eurone.it>
Subject Re: [MINA] BindException on Unix
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 16:31:50 GMT
I give my poor opinion on this. I think this is logically incorrect,
because Java is potentially platform independent.
Setting some parameters on the platform I'm going to violate this kind
of contract, so why don't use C++ ?
And sorry I don't understand a GUI implementation to stop a server...I
want to do a unix service, I want to start, stop or
restart my service with the classic init.d concept...

Then why when I start a simple SocketServer and accept connections with
that, I can start, restart or stop it as usual ?
What is the big difference ? Why I don't have to modify platform
parameters for a SocketServer ?

Another thing is that in the way you suggested I have to put all
necessary informations to modify parameters on all Unix platforms !
In Mac Os X I don't have a sysctl.conf !

Let me know,
best regards, Alex.