directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA] BindException on Unix
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 15:18:45 GMT
Alessandro Torrisi a écrit :

> I downloaded today the SVN trunk of Mina, I think it is always the
> same error you write about from many days.
> When I start the server and I stop it and immediately start again I
> can see this:

Do you use kill to stop the server ? In this case, you will find that,
depending on your TCP parameters, the socket will still be open.

You may want to modify some parameters in /etc/sysctl.conf, like
tcp_fin_timeout, to set it to a lower value.
net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout = 15 // Set the timeout to 15 seconds, instead
of the default 60 secs. (don't forget to restart your network interface !)

But we need to work on a better way to stop the server (A GUI will
probably be developped sooner or later)

-- Emmanuel Lécharny