directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [scm][VOTE] Reorganizing the re-organized structure.
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 03:41:12 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Since we reorganized our source code repository, we encountered a few
> issues:
>
> 1. Users cannot check out only one project which consists of multiple
> subprojects easily.

IMHO I do not think this is a big deal.

> 2. Releasing it is also inconvenient because we have to copy all
> subprojects one by one.

This is a show stopper.  Really we cannot release properly this way.
We're not going to copy the whole trunk every time for a MINA release
right?  I think this and Brett's previous comments take me back to the
hierarchy side.

> 3. Build sometimes fails if user didn't check out the whole trunk. (We
> can fix this problem, but we have to add repository information to all
> subprojects unless we go hierarchy.)

I hope this is not true for maven's sake.

My vote is below:

> [x] +1 organize again

Alex