directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Torrisi <alessandro.torr...@eurone.it>
Subject [Mina-JxHub] Re: Hi ! Me and my performance problems !]
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:55:09 GMT
Hi Kasper ! Sorry I sent you a mail before you answered !

Thanks for:

on the first look all looked nice and tidy (i like java 1.5 too)

Well..how do I test my server ? I'm into a Fastweb metropolitan area
network, there are a lot of users, I don't know how many
but in my domain I have about 5000 users probably more.

When I want to test I simply redirect users until hub seems full... I've
got also some tool which could simulate
users activity but not at all, for example these users after login do
not do anything...for example searches for hub are very
heavy...probably I have to put this feature in the simulator..

Now on a hub with 80 users on a DSL I see too much lag...users slowly
connect, main chat is completely blocked...
After the big users flow is finished, I can write in main chat..

On a 10 Mbit fiber I reached the 800 users, but with other applications
I can do much better

Best regards, Alex !