directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <>
Subject Re: [mina] Maven 2 build failure
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:55:23 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

> I guess this happens when a user checks out only mina-* directories.
> Maven 2 seems like automatically merge information specified in
> ../pom.xml first and then fetch the parent pom which is actually
> specified (mina-build:pom: 0.9.1-SNAPSHOT).  That's why it builds OK
> if user checks out the whole trunk.
This should work in theory.  M2 will pull parent pom for you as an
artifact.  This is why you are supposed to keep all info now in the pom
rather than in external files.

> One workaround for this problem is to make our repository hierarchical
> as I suggested before:
This is irrelevant to this specific problem.  But hierarchy does have
its merits for other reasons.

> mina/pom.xml (was: mina-build/pom.xml)
> mina/core/... (was: mina)
> mina/filter-ssl/... (was: mina-ssl)

Ok let's discuss this.  Looks like you, and Brett recommend this.  I'm
neutral to it all.

Enrique seems to be the only one that adamantly wants a flat structure.
Is it time to reconsider guys?  Enrique you around to comment?  Have you
tried the new build?

Let's figure this out *NOW* not 2 weeks later.  I don't want to keep
perpetually freaking out users with these massive changes.

View raw message