directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Torrisi <alessandro.torr...@eurone.it>
Subject Re: [MINA] Short or long messages for IoSession method write(...) ?
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 22:11:26 GMT
It looks like you know what I'm speaking of...I didn't spoke of
$NickList <nick1>$$... do you program in DC protocol ?

I send the list containing all connected users (all myinfos) to each
connected user, I don't send a single myInfo to each connected user, so
I think here I'm ok.

I'm here on the HSQLDB...probably I have to do a tutorial tonight
(ahahha) !

When you write:

	i maintain user-lists in memory and have them "cached" as a ByteBuffer.

You would mean direct connect hub userlists ? If so you can directly
help me ! I also have them in memory simply in a String...but I have to
get them from a hashmap, I correct a ConcurrentHashMap
(java.util.concurrent) so I have to iterate it and create the userlist,
I put the result in a String that I modify (and so re-iterate the
hashmap) when a new myinfo is sent to the hub.

P.S. I use ConcurrentHashMap because I had a lot of
ConcurrentModificationException or something similar...this is really
thread- safe

Best regards, see you  soon !