directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [scm] [STATUS] Repository reorg and move to m2 "completed"
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 15:31:32 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:

>Nice work Alex! I'm gald to hear this hasn't appeared to cause a great
>deal of pain.

Yeah it was pretty good.  Just had to dive in.  M2 is a quantum leap
better than M1.  The maven peeps did a great job.

>>Site doc generation is not setup.  We need some kind of scheme for this
>>with the new m2 functionality.
>>

>It will be about 2 weeks before the final site stuff is released, so
>it might be easiest to wait for that rather than using snapshots.

Is the current release candidate all that different from what is to be
released?

>>I could not find a way to do what javaapp plugin does for the
>>apacheds-server-main.  We need to figure something out for minimal
>>packaging.  For now it builds an executable jar but does not hold all
>>dependencies.
>>

>I can help with that. It's how maven-artifact-ant is packaged. Catch
>me on IRC some time and remind me :)

Cool thanks!  This is the most important thing we have to take care of
for now to get back to our old state with M1.

>>POMs are no longer filled with all the info in old m1 project.xml.  Only
>>the minimal set of elements are present to build although a couple
>>projects may have all fields transfered.
>>

>Should aim to inherit as much of this as possible.

Right I want to do this to reduce amount yes.

>>5. Deploy some jars to ibiblio.
>>

>What JARs do you need deployed to ibiblio?
>
>I'll review soon and give feedback. I'm particularly interested in the
>selection of groupIds, etc.

Yeah we got some issues with the groupId's because of every subproject
picking its own package name.  I think we all need to derive from the
same org.apache.directory base for packages.  Then make our groupId this
or off of it like org.apache.directory.asn1.  WDYT?

Alex