directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zoltan Farkas" <z...@daxtechnologies.com>
Subject [mina] help with implementing a syslog server with mina
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:27:49 GMT
I am trying to implement a syslog server with mina.

The syslog protocol sends the messages in UDP packets (1 UDP pachet /
message), messages are variable in size

Mina creates one Iosession / UDP packet received.

Since the syslog message size is not standard and for UDP transport
Session open and close is not called (for IOProtocolAdapter) I cannot
know when I have the complete message, since I assume the buffer can
countain a partial UDP message ...

Can anybody give me a hint how to implement this server?

Right now I am trying to implement a MessageDecoder, but again I don't
know when I have a complete message in the buffer !!!

thanks

--zoly