directory-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Rudd <justin.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA] Apparent DEADLOCK in com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:15:11 GMT
> > Hi ! Yesterday I put in stress my direct connect hub software on Mac
> > Os X 10.3.4 Tiger with latest Java implementation.
> > Max fake users reached number is 2500. When I reached this number the
> > application has thrown this exception:

[snip]

> > com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner
> > $DeadlockDetector@27d98b -- APPARENT DEADLOCK!!! Creating emergency
> > threads for unassigned pending tasks!

Are you using c3p0?  I haven't done an exhaustive look through the
source of 0.8.x, but that package prefix - com.mchange - looks like
c3p0 to me.  If so, are you releasing all your connections?  Because
c3p0 by default will use some background threads to clean things up.
It will spin them off to try and find connections it can use, create
new connection for clients that are waiting for them, etc.  So if you
aren't cleaning all your resources up, it will keep spinning off
threads which will cause it to run out of memory.

If you aren't using c3p0, what other client libraries are you using?

--
Justin Rudd
"Get the facts first.  You can distort them later."