directory-dev mailing list archives

From <fedechi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA] BindException on Unix
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:24:37 GMT
Hi Alessandro,

>I give my poor opinion on this. I think this is logically incorrect,
>because Java is potentially platform independent.
> Setting some parameters on the platform I'm going to violate this kind of
> contract, so why don't use C++ ?
> And sorry I don't understand a GUI implementation to stop a server...I
> want to do a unix service, I want to start, stop or
> restart my service with the classic init.d concept...

As the other unix daemon, you should use the signals (like SIGKILL) to catch
events
from the OS and manage them as you want:
I don't know how to do that, but I know that you can capture the signal of
kill and run your own
events (i.e. do a correct shut-down disconnecting all the clients connected
and unbinding the ServerSockets,
and then call your System.exit() )
I've seen a snippit of code that work in this way for other java programs,
and I tested it on Winzoz and Linux in the same way.

---- DarkBios has you ----