directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Davy De Waele" <sebu...@pandora.be>
Subject ApacheDS and LDIF schema files
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:30:49 GMT
Hi,

I have a couple of questions on how apacheds handles custom
objectclasses & attributes.

1) Am I correct in saying that the only way to include new custom
objectclasses & attributes (via LDIF), is to generate a set of Java
classes based on a given LDIF (through maven), wrap them in a JAR file,
and include them in the apacheds classpath?

2) Is there another more flexible way of introducing new
objectclasses/attributes to the directory?

3) What happens if I'm working with a binary release of apacheds
(downloaded from apache). Does this mean that I won't be able to
introduce new objectclasses & attributes ?

Greetings,

Davy