directory-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Allen <mrchrisal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA] ReconnectFilter
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:35:09 GMT
Hi Julien,

After writing the last email and doing a little more research, I guess the
thing to do to make your ReconnectionFilter as flexible as possible, would
be to allow each of the IoConnector.connect() methods to work with this
class. As you can see in the MINA JavaDocs:
http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/apidocs/org/apache/mina/common/IoConnector.htmlthere
are four different versions of connect() and the filter currently only
supports one of them.

The easiest way that I can see to accomplish this is to provide multiple
constructors for the ReconnectionFilter class that account for each of these
connection methods.  I've currently added my own with the single
SocketAddress, but for a truly flexible filter I guess it would have to
support the others as well.

Anyway, I know this is a work in progress, but I just thought that I should
mention it, even though it's super obvious.

Thanks again for letting me know where to find this class, and for creating
it in the first place.

-Chris