directory-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Allen <mrchrisal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MINA FactoryBeans
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 13:35:56 GMT
That makes sense now.  It also makes sense why you asked why I had
such a high number there. :-)  Still learning how this all works as
using sockets and in Java is very new to me.

There is no "keep alive" message that you can send in XMPP, so I'm not
sure what I could do for that.  It basically just keeps the connection
until the client disconnects once authenticated. I suppose that I
could send junk messages to its own account that I ignore. In the
worse case I suppose I can always reinitialize the connection and log
in again if it goes down, as there's an event that is triggered in the
IoHandler class.

By the way, did you get the IoHandler attachment that I sent in one of
my previous emails?  I'm not sure if the apache list allows
attachments.