directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ersin Er <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][SP] Stored Procedure Languages
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:10:31 GMT
On 12/12/05, Marc Boorshtein <mboorshtein@gmail.com> wrote:
> Performance will probably be an issue with almost any scripting
> language that provides some more dynamic capabilities then java.

Of course. Just trying to choose a reasoable one.

> Also, what are you planning to use as the mapping model?  For
> instance, will it be a single method for eac operation or a method for
> the input and one for the output?

I'm not sure I exactly understand what you mean by mapping here. We
have DIT based Java classes whose only one static method can be called
as a stored procedure at a time. For scripting languages we may force
the script (again in the DIT) to have a function/method with certain
name (in case we cannot use reflection here) or we may use the script
as a whole. And for parameters we'll always use Java objects (and
primitives) and we will wrap them with any method required by the
scripting language and put in a context (as required by the scripting
language) to be passed to the script.

--
Ersin