directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ersin Er <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][SP] Stored Procedure Languages
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2005 21:55:38 GMT
On 12/10/05, Marc Boorshtein <mboorshtein@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a bit of advise, don't go with Jython unless you are willing to
> do a lot of work dealing with pre-compiling code.  As an interpreted
> language it is EXCEEDINGLY slow.  I found beanshell was acceptable
> from an interpretive standpoint.

Thank you very much Marc. I'll consider your advise.

BeanShell is also supported by a JCP:
http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=274

I would really like to rely on "javax.script" but it's far away from today now:
http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=223

This article also gives some clues about advantages of BeanShell:
http://www.artima.com/lejava/articles/beanshellP.html

OK, BeanShell seems to be promising. We'll also examine others
especially for JNDI and Java type system integration aspects.

--
Ersin