directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ersin Er <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS][SP] Stored Procedure Languages
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2005 12:22:44 GMT
Hi all,

We're working on adding DIT based stored procedure support to
ApacheDS. I'll give more details in the next days and I'll get your
ideas but now I request help about choosing a scripting language that
we can support. Our main focus is on supporting Java Byte Code and we
also want to design the API to allow adding new language
implementations. To achieve such a design we decided to implement one
more language which is possibly a scripting language.

We may consider Mozilla Rhino, Groovy, Jython or whatever else.. The
important point for our selection is that the language should be an
appropriate one for JNDI operations and it should also be as much as
close to Java type system.

Cheers,
--
Ersin