directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ersin Er <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Text file CR/LF rules
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 08:40:39 GMT
> Trustin Lee wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm using UNIX text file format, but I found some patches are in DOS
> > text file format, which has an extra '\r' in a line.  This confuses
> > the diff engine and replaces the whole source code, and make the
> > change is huge. ( e.g SVN commit notification)
> >
> > So it would be great if all of use UNIX text file format.  (though I
> > bet all PMC members uses it. :)
>
> Yep UNIX format regardless of platform.  Also no tabs just use spaces
> for tabs (length = 4) ... saying this because it causes the same
> problem: svn diffs get messed up.
>
> Alex

This brings us to a point of writing a Style Guide and making some
checks via maven code style checking plugin (
http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/reference/plugins/checkstyle/ ).

I was going to say we could share our Eclipse Formatter exports and
for example I've just seen that Maven guys do that:
http://maven.apache.org/developers/code-style.html

--
Ersin