directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject [apacheds] Moving to OSGi
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:54:55 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to know if we can embed OSGi kernel into OSGi kernel.  I heard
someone say that it is possible.  If it is true, I think we can consider
building ApacheDS on top of OSGi platform.  I think it will save a lot of
time for us (e.g. dynamic reconfiguration).  But I'm almost a layman in OSGi
field for now, so I'm not sure this kind of thought is right thing yet.  It
would be great if we have some discussion here.

We have a lot of features to implement and every feature we implement will
require a good extension point IMHO.  If we standardize the extension,
configuration, and discovery mechanism using OSGi, I think we'll be happier
than ever.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/