directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][SP] Stored Procedure Languages
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:16:52 GMT
Hi all,

2005/12/12, Ersin Er <ersin.er@gmail.com>:

> Hmm, OK. BeanShell seemed to be well integrated with Java but
> performance is an important aspect of our choice. We many consider
> using Mozilla Rhino.

Rhino is a JavaScript engine with great performance and ease of use, but
there's an issue with its license IIRC.  There was a discussion on Rhino in
legal-discuss@apache.org, but this issue was not closed because nobody gave
the bottom line.  I don't think it is because this issue is resolved; I've
been reading legal-discuss list since it had started.

If license becomes a problem, we could just use Groovy, which is more
attractive option for Java developers.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/