directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Torrisi <alessandro.torr...@eurone.it>
Subject [MINA] Socket and Session Buffer Size
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 01:14:03 GMT
Hi ! In this code snippet I set some parameters for the socket of the
client and for session, I'm trying some values...but can someone explain
me first the difference between a "SessionReceiveBufferSize" and a
"SendBufferSize",
and then what are the best values according to you for connections based
on a P2P network based on Ethernet ? Could these parameters affect
performances ?

    @Override
    public void sessionCreated(IoSession session) throws Exception {

        if (session instanceof SocketSession) {
            SocketSession sock = (SocketSession) session;
            sock.setSessionReceiveBufferSize(4096);
            sock.setReceiveBufferSize(4096);
            sock.setSendBufferSize(4096);
        }