directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [mina] Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol (BEEP)
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2005 15:25:00 GMT
Simon Raess wrote:

> As far as I can tell, there is no such thing as channels in Mina. I
> guess it would be possible to implement BEEP on top of Mina. Has ever
> anybody thought about doing so? Or would that be a 'stupid  idea'
> (tm)? Any ideas?

Not at all Beep is an excellent candidate for MINA and should be easily
built on top of what we have already.  It might be interesting to see if
there are changes that could be made to the MINA API to improve a Beep
implementation on top of MINA in terms of coherence, or performance.  I
don't think there needs to be any changes per se but I'd recommend
experimenting with it just to be able to get feedback in before a 1.0 of
MINA rolls out.  As far as I can see Beep can be implemented nicely
right on top of MINA.  I'd love to see an implementation of it here at
the ASF as part of MINA.

Alex