directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] authentication problem
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:04:29 GMT
Jeff Lansing wrote:

> I am using Windows XP with openldap 2.2.19. If I change the quotes as you
> suggest then the examples work ok.

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Jeff. In order to prevent others
from this trap I have modified the type of quotes in the LDAP command
line tool examples here:
http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/users/authentication.html

How about your other problem? Does it still exist? You told us about a
code snippet like this:

             InitialDirContext ctx = new InitialDirContext();
             LdapName name = new LdapName("ou=users");
             Attributes attributes = new LockableAttributesImpl();
             attributes.put("uid", "jdoe");
             NamingEnumeration ne = ctx.search(name, attributes);

Can you provide information about the JNDI config you use (file
jndi.properties, for instance)? Is it the LDAP provider from Sun, and
are you talking about the network with plain LDAP?

If so, I do not understand why you use class LockableAttributesImpl,
which is not part of JNDI. In order to create portable client code,
class javax.naming.directory.BasicAttributes should work for you.

Greetings, Stefan