directory-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Cullen <colincul...@earthlink.net>
Subject MINA
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:42:11 GMT
Hi All,

Thanks for such a great product in MINA.  I have been working extensively with 0.8 and I am
very close to finishing a server with a semi-complex protocol.  This server is destined for
production and I am releived that I have encountered very few problems (really none) regarding
MINA.  A good understanding of the MINA code base is necessary when working with some of the
more advanced features.

My problem:

I am using both DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory and DemuxingProtocolHandler to good effect (thank
you!).  What I would like to do is to define a default decoder for inbound messages, to handle
inappropriate message types, allowing processig of these types to fit nicely into the design
(maybe I am just missing it).  I am currently extending DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory and registering
my codecs there, I have a decoder and handler for each 'valid' inbound msg type which I want
to handle.  Any suggestions for registering a default msg type decoder.  I looked into overriding

public class DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory implements ProtocolCodecFactory
{
    private class ProtocolDecoderImpl extends CumulativeProtocolDecoder
    {
        protected boolean doDecode( ProtocolSession session, ByteBuffer in,
                                    ProtocolDecoderOutput out) throws ProtocolViolationException
       {}
    }
}

...but, ProtocolDecoderImpl is private, and this seems to the wrong way to accomplish the
task.

Although I have gotten my feet pretty wet, I am still a newbie with MINA.  I would appreciate
any suggestions for my problem.

Having a great time working with MINA (except for my deadline, which would have been impossible
to make without MINA).

Regards.
Colin