directory-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Configuration Admin Service
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 00:25:35 GMT
Hi Enrique,

Knew you where at the conference so I expected a delayed response. Hope
the conferences sessions and bofs were recorded so we can all see/hear
more details one of these days.

> At first glance your use case doesn't look like it fits with Config
> Admin.  Config Admin is not for generic business object operations.
> Rather, the typical Config Admin use case is design to "inject"
> configuration information into components.

The R4 Configuration Admin spec for ManagedServiceFactory and the
examples in the Service Compendium sure looked like it would fit my
requirement for modeling the business objects configured from LDAP
objectClasses. BTW my objects do exist within a single Service component
and they may in the future grow up to be registered services themselves
one day;-)

Even hoped to leverage directory metadata in conjunction with the
MetaType service. Along these lines I also noticed that the R4 Service
Compendium MetaType service (page 140-432) even gives an example using a
person objectClass (OID 2.5.6.6).

I looked at your sandbox configuration implementation and saw that you
are using an InitialContextFactory as an OSGi bundle service for the
ConfigurationAdminFactory. Would this InitialContextFactory be a more
appropriate service for me to depended on (at least in the short term)
and just keep my JNDI access as is?

welcome back,
John