directory-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject [OSGi] Configuration Admin Service
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:16:57 GMT
Currently I am using ApacheDS and 'typical' LDAP schemas to persist my
business objects. These objects are Locations (objectClass=locality),
People (objectClass=person), and mobile Devices (objectClass=device).

On startup my application uses a JNDI DirContext to search a directory
at a specified base for all the above objectClasses that also contain a
labeledURI attribute and load my business model.

Am looking to move away from the JNDI dependence to the ApacheDS based
OSGi Configuration Admin service.

Will I be able to continue to use these business 'typical' LDAP schema
objectClasses and search filters with the ApacheDS/OSGi Configuration
Admin Service to search, load and persist my business objects?

thanks,
John

.