directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS]
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 00:19:53 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 15:16 -0800, Jeff Lansing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using ApacheDS as an embedded LDAP in our web application as a way to
> manage and persist configuration information. We have been using the three
> 0.9.3 jar files (core, main, and shared).

Thanks for using it !

> Recently we tried deploying on a more powerful 4-processor server, and we
> started running into serious problems that we hadn't seen before (see below
> for stack trace). We found this:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRLDAP-70
> which seemed to be very close to the problem we're seeing, so we thought we
> could perhaps check out the source and make an intermediate build.

I think the problem is related to the JIRA issue you mentioned. It has
ben fixed (I hope;)

> Unfortunately, we couldn't check out the source from svn. The Tortoise
> client says this:
> Added:
> C:\directory\shared\ldap\branches\DN-refactoring\common\src\test\org\apache\
> ldap\common\name\DnParserTest.java
> Error: In directory
> 'C:\directory\shared\ldap\branches\DN-refactoring\common\src\test\org\apache
> \ldap\common\name'

Ok. This is a branch that is not part of the current project. I'm
refactoring some elements (the DnParser, actually).

However, you should not experience this kind of problem... What if you
just use command line ? :

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory

> Thanks,
>
> Jeff