directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Lansing" <jlans...@spawar.navy.mil>
Subject [ApacheDS] authentication problem
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 23:39:32 GMT
Hi,

I am having problems connecting to the ldap server. (I am using an 0.9.4
SNAPSHOT build created today. I did not have these problems with 0.9.3)

I can connect with JXplorer, as admin, and add a user, for instance with the
newuser.ldif example. I can see the new user in JXplorer. I can then
disconnect and reconnect as uid=jdoe,ou=users,ou=system with JXplorer.

However, none of the examples on the page
http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/users/authentication.html
will work. For example:

C:\openldap>ldapsearch -D 'uid=admin,ou=system' -h localhost -p 10389 -x -w
secret -s one -b 'ou=users,ou=system' '(uid=jdoe)'
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
        additional info: Bind failed

More importantly (to me), I can no longer search programmatically for users,
as in:
            InitialDirContext ctx = new InitialDirContext();
            LdapName name = new LdapName("ou=users");
            Attributes attributes = new LockableAttributesImpl();
            attributes.put("uid", "jdoe");
            NamingEnumeration ne = ctx.search(name, attributes);

which returns nothing.

I know the user is there because I can connect as that user with JXplorer.

Surely I am doing something stupid, but I just don't see what.

Any suggestions?

Jeff