directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Lansing" <jlans...@spawar.navy.mil>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] checkout problem
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 01:00:19 GMT
Emmanuel,

Maybe not so crazy.

Yes, that jar exists in that directory in the repository. Yes, the
StringUtils.class file exists in that jar. But there is not a method called
utf8toString in that class (see attached).

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lecharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 4:19 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: RE: [ApacheDS] checkout problem

That's totally crazy...

In the trace you attached, I see that :

[junit] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.asn1.codec.util.StringUtils.utf8ToString([B)Ljava/lang/String;
    [junit]     at
org.apache.ldap.common.berlib.asn1.decoder.bind.BindNameRule.finish(BindName
Rule.java:73)

This utf8ToString exists in this jar :

asn1-codec-0.3.4-SNAPSHOT.jar

If you look into your maven repo, you should find it in
.maven/repository/directory-asn1/jars

just do a jar tvf and you will see that this class exists.

Do you have CygWin working? Is it possible that you compile the project
on a linux server?

Or may be we can put the jars somewhere you can download them?

--Emmanuel

> Wanadoo vous informe que cet  e-mail a ete controle par l'anti-virus mail.

Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com