directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Lansing" <jlans...@spawar.navy.mil>
Subject [ApacheDS]
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:16:42 GMT
Hi,

We are using ApacheDS as an embedded LDAP in our web application as a way to
manage and persist configuration information. We have been using the three
0.9.3 jar files (core, main, and shared).

Recently we tried deploying on a more powerful 4-processor server, and we
started running into serious problems that we hadn't seen before (see below
for stack trace). We found this:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRLDAP-70
which seemed to be very close to the problem we're seeing, so we thought we
could perhaps check out the source and make an intermediate build.

Unfortunately, we couldn't check out the source from svn. The Tortoise
client says this:
Added:
C:\directory\shared\ldap\branches\DN-refactoring\common\src\test\org\apache\
ldap\common\name\DnParserTest.java
Error: In directory
'C:\directory\shared\ldap\branches\DN-refactoring\common\src\test\org\apache
\ldap\common\name'
Error: Can't copy
Error:
'C:\directory\shared\ldap\branches\DN-refactorin...\DnParserTest.java.svn-ba
se'
Error: to
Error:
'C:\directory\shared\ldap\branches\DN-refactoring\common\src\test\org\apach.
..\
Error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Surely there must be something that we don't understand. Could someone
provide a bit of guidance?

Thanks,

Jeff

PS: The real error is this:
2005-12-07 14:54:16,722 ERROR ldap.MutableLinkRef
[http-80-Processor24,dereference:82]
cn=home,cn=SubscriptionManagerService,cn=services,cn=env,cn=comp,ou=j2ee->ja
va:comp/env/subscriptionHome (ou=system)
org.apache.ldap.server.interceptor.InterceptorException: Unexpected
exception. [Root exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: first
argument was not a distinguished name]
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.interceptor.InterceptorChain.throwInterceptorExceptio
n(InterceptorChain.java:1368)
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.interceptor.InterceptorChain.access$700(InterceptorCh
ain.java:49)
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.interceptor.InterceptorChain$2.hasEntry(InterceptorCh
ain.java:1240)
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.exception.ExceptionService.assertHasEntry(ExceptionSe
rvice.java:373)
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.exception.ExceptionService.lookup(ExceptionService.ja
va:159)
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.interceptor.InterceptorChain.lookup(InterceptorChain.
java:767)
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.partition.DirectoryPartitionNexusProxy.lookup(Directo
ryPartitionNexusProxy.java:405)
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.authz.AuthorizationService.lookup(AuthorizationServic
e.java:646)
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.interceptor.InterceptorChain$2.lookup(InterceptorChai
n.java:1192)
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.authn.AuthenticationService.lookup(AuthenticationServ
ice.java:252)
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.interceptor.InterceptorChain$2.lookup(InterceptorChai
n.java:1192)
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.normalization.NormalizationService.lookup(Normalizati
onService.java:203)
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.interceptor.InterceptorChain.lookup(InterceptorChain.
java:767)
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.partition.DirectoryPartitionNexusProxy.lookup(Directo
ryPartitionNexusProxy.java:405)
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.partition.DirectoryPartitionNexusProxy.lookup(Directo
ryPartitionNexusProxy.java:394)
	at
org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.ServerContext.lookup(ServerContext.java:581)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
	at
xtcf.jeod.jndi.ldap.J2EEInitialContext.lookup(J2EEInitialContext.java:95)
	at
xtcf.jeod.jndi.ldap.J2EEInitialContext.lookup(J2EEInitialContext.java:75)
	at
xtcf.jeod.jndi.ldap.MutableLinkRef.dereference(MutableLinkRef.java:76)
	at
xtcf.jeod.jndi.ldap.J2EEInitialContext.lookup(J2EEInitialContext.java:105)
	at
xtcf.jeod.jndi.ldap.J2EEInitialContext.lookup(J2EEInitialContext.java:75)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
	at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
	at
org.globus.wsrf.impl.ResourceContextImpl.getResourceHome(ResourceContextImpl
.java:119)
	at
org.globus.wsrf.impl.lifetime.SetTerminationTimeProvider.setTerminationTime(
SetTerminationTimeProvider.java:79)