Hi Niklas,

2005/11/8, Niklas Therning <niklas@trillian.se>:
For bind one idea is to have a Binding class which simply maps a
SocketAddress to an IoHandler. setBindings would take an array of
Binding objects:

public void setBindings(Binding[] bindings)

I don't think it would be necessary to provide something similar for
connect since connect is something you do programmatically at runtime.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

This additional method will make MINA more DI friendly definitely, but do we really need this just for DI?  Will this be useful also when we call this method from our code?  DI makes the configuration easier but in this case, it doesn't help any API design IMHO.  WDYT?

> For BlacklistFilter, I thought your Spring integration patch already
> contains it.  If it's not ready, I'll check in the fix.  Please let me
> know.

The patch for BlacklistFilter isn't included in the Spring integration
patch I just uploaded to JIRA. The blacklist setter looks like this:

+    public void setBlacklist( InetAddress[] addresses )
+    {
+        blacklist.clear();
+        for( int i = 0; i < addresses.length; i++ )
+            blacklist.add( addresses[i] );
+    }

Please add it if you think it looks ok.

I think it's good, but we'll also need another setter which accepts a Collection of InetAddresses.  We're not using Java 5, so we'll have to check the type of all elements.

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/