directory-dev mailing list archives

From Simon.Tem...@saaconsultants.com
Subject Re: 0.9.3 JAR question
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:56:00 GMT

Alex

I'm trying to run as an embedded server under JBoss. ("embedded" but does
also require some external LDAP access).

I don't think I can use apacheds-main-0.9.3.jar as it contains classes from
other open source projects already on our classpath (and I don't want
classloader problems).

So I opted for using apacheds-core-0.9.3.jar, apacheds-shared-0.9.3.jar and
all the dependent jars (gained from looking at the maven XML file).

I had intended to start the server using the
MutableServerStartupConfiguration but...

I'd appreciate your advise on this.

TIA

Simon Temple

             Alex Karasulu
             <aok123@bellsouth
             .net>                                                      To
                                       Apache Directory Developers List
             02/11/2005 17:07          <dev@directory.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

             "Apache Directory         Re: 0.9.3 JAR question
             Developers List"
             <dev@directory.ap
                 ache.org>

Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com wrote:

>MutableServerStartupConfiguration is not in apacheds-core-0.9.3.jar but is
>in apacheds-main-0.9.3.jar.

This is what was desired.  In the core jar you have
MutableStartupConfiguration for the heart of the server without firing
up any wire protocols like LDAP, Kerberos, NTP or Changepw.  The Server
configuration is in the main which starts all these protocols.

Would you like us to separate main into two jars.  1 containing the
configuration beans and context factory for starting services and
another for just the application main?  We've been thinking and talking
about doing this.  Just wondering what users think.

Thanks,
Alex