directory-dev mailing list archives

From Simon.Tem...@saaconsultants.com
Subject Unwanted shutdown hook in DefaultDirectoryService?
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:04:31 GMT

I am using the directory embedded in JBoss.  When we shutdown JBoss our
application services need to remove certain entries from the directory.
Unfortunately the shutdown handler in DefaultDirectoryServices closes Eve
out before we get chance to finish and we get errors:

      org.apache.ldap.common.exception.LdapServiceUnavailableException:
Context operation unavailable when invoked after Eve provider has been
shutdown

When our services finally stop, we stop the directory using the
ShutdownConfiguration class so we don't really need the additional shutdown
thread.

I've commented out the shutdown hook code and our server is now behaving
how we want but I don't like running with patched source...

++++++++ Could we request that the installation of shutdownHook in
DefaultDirectoryService be optional?

I am using the latest build from the SVN trunk this morning.

TIA

- Simon Temple