directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Gianmaria Clerici" <gcler...@bridgestream.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] 0.9.3 Released!
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:36:21 GMT
I have to agree, I seems like a bug to me.

I could remove the normalization service, but I still think
I should get back exactly the same value that was passed to the server
(for the query filter).

If I always get lower case how can I implement
EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
Or
EQUALITY caseExactMatch

Also removing the normalization service will have other consequences.

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lecharny [mailto:elecharny@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 6:18 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: RE: [ApacheDS] 0.9.3 Released!

Hi !

> It seems that values are now converted to lower case.
> But not all the time.

It seems that you get converted values when the attribute type inherits
from 'name', which is the case for 'cn'.

> Is it based on the schema for the given attribute ?
>
> For instance in the past, if I search with:
> "cn=Joe Black"
>
> I would get the same string in my partition search method.
>
> But now I get:
> "cn=joe black"

You could fill a Jira about it, because I think that it's better to give
back the value a User has entered into the server, instead of a
normalized value.

I would like a Ldap server to give me 'Emmanuel L├ęcharny" and not
"emmanuel l├ęcharny" when I've spent time to capitalize my name ;)