directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject [MINA]RE: Decoding/Encoding UTF representation
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:05:52 GMT
Sorry Trustin, I forgot. :-(

________________________________

From: Trustin Lee [mailto:trustin@gmail.com]
Sent: 19 November 2005 01:47
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: Decoding/Encoding UTF representation

Hi Jose,

First of all, you have to add '[mina] ' prefix to all of your messages.
Please do so from the next post.

2005/11/19, Jose Alberto Fernandez < jalberto@cellectivity.com
<mailto:jalberto@cellectivity.com> >:

For a project that we are working on, we want our very small client to
read and write messages to our MINA based server by simply using
DataOutput.writeUTF(String) and DataInput.readUTF() from the socket.

Of course I would like MINA's codec to be able to read/write this
information without needing the use of Streams or the StreamIoHandler if
I can help it. Are there any examples of what is required to do this? I
looked at MINA's  ByteBuffer .putString() and ByteBuffer.getString() but
I am not sure how to use them.

Please take a look at ByteBufferTest.testGet(Put)String().  You'll learn
how to use them.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/