directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject Decoding/Encoding UTF representation
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:39:21 GMT
Hi, this may be a simple question but if anyone can give me some
pointers I will appreciate.

For a project that we are working on, we want our very small client to
read and write messages to our MINA based server by simply using
DataOutput.writeUTF(String) and DataInput.readUTF() from the socket.

Of course I would like MINA's codec to be able to read/write this
information without needing the use of Streams or the StreamIoHandler if
I can help it. Are there any examples of what is required to do this? I
looked at MINA's  ByteBuffer .putString() and ByteBuffer.getString() but
I am not sure how to use them.

Any hints appreciated.

Jose Alberto