directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: [mina] Refactoring MINA IoFilterChain (Was: IoFilters: DIRMINA-121 / 122)
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:11:03 GMT
> From: Irving, Dave [mailto:dave.irving@logicacmg.com]
>
> > So, there is no way for me to impose a Blacklist filter
> specific to a
> handler before I do SSL
> > and all other stuff someone else has configured already at
> port level?
>
> Every filter has the ability to know what handler a filter
> invocation applies to if it really needs to (Each filter
> method is given a IoSession. Then there is IoSession#getHandler).
>
> > Session level filters should only be used in very specific cases
> related to the actual session you are working with.
> > Hence, lazy copying will be reduced to a minimum.
>
> So presumably your blacklist filter would be at the port (or
> even session manager) level - in which case you would
> configure it to come before SSL.
>
> Could you explain the problem further as Im not understanding
> how the proposed chains wouldn't work for your example.

Well the point, in this hypotetical case, is that I do not want to use
this
Blacklist filter on ALL my ports (IoAcceptor level). Lets assume this
filter is really part of the protocol I am implementing, independently
of whether I decide to use SSL or not. It would be nice if at each level
I can have access to the entire chain (from the socket to the handler)
and for me to manipulate as I please. You could be able to implement
handlers that can reconfigure its entire chain as they go, if so they
please.

Now, for this to be safe, you would need to do lazy copy, so that when
such an action occurs you stop sharing.

Jose Alberto