directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: [mina] Refactoring MINA IoFilterChain (Was: IoFilters: DIRMINA-121 / 122)
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:52:03 GMT
> From: Irving, Dave [mailto:dave.irving@logicacmg.com]
>

> As per Niklas' email, we'll need to support a combined sessionManager
> chain, port chain and connection chain.
> Is there a clean way to do this that I've missed? Im certainly not
> interested in doing work for works sake :o)

My understanding of Niklas e-mail was that his main reason WAS spring.

> I think the refactoring we are talking about is not related to spring
> configuration per-se. In all cases, the three layers of chains will be
> available to be populated by a builder or whatever. The problem we are
> solving, as far as I can tell, is how to have re-usable chains of
> filters (sessionManager, port, session) cleanly and efficiently (i.e,
> not having to clone).

As long as you have addBefore/addAfter (which exist on 0.8, not sure
about 0.9) you will have to clone, as the filter chain is mutable. The
best you can do is to implement lazy copy. I do not see a real way out
of it.

> Niklas wants to specify re-usable port chains, and presumably its
> helpful to be able to specify re-usable session manager level chains
> (acceptor / connector). The problem to solve is how to cleanly hook
> these chains together.
> It seems that the proposed refactoring is quite a simple and
transparent
> way of doing this - but if I've missed an existing easy and clean way
> do this - please let me know - as I don't want to head down the wrong
> path!

So what happens when I call IoFilterChain.addFirst() on
sessionCreated(). As I said the best you can do is lazy copy.

Jose Alberto